Shine your light & stand tall.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Forgiveness.

Forgiveness is an never ending process that we can use to let go of negative emotions that arise when someone causes us harm.  Forgiveness isn't something that we wait for in relationships.  When you practice forgiveness it becomes fluid and as a result you will feel lighter.  Nobody likes the feeling of being burdened by feeling blame or any other negative feeling.  You don't have to go there.  When you free yourself from the shackles of others oppressive behaviors while staying in your own power and positive thoughts.

"The minds job is to doubt," a famous spiritual teacher once said.  Once you are able to clear your heart and live from the realm of love you will no longer be ruled by the mind.  The mind will follow the heart.  Forgiveness is an aspect of love and love conquers all!  Where love is the opposite cannot coexist.  This way of living takes time to develop and you will find that the more time you spend in the realm of love the more you will want to stay there.  The practice of meditation is key to clearing all negativity and connecting you with your soul or true self.  I have been fortunate enough in my own life to have spent many years with two Indian spiritual Master's who have led me on the spiritual journey.

For me the choice to take the journey was one that was made easy because I didn't want to exist in the arid realm of the mind and materialism.  I knew that the Saints and Sages could lead me to the experience that they so willingly and lovingly shared.  I spend time in the evening and early morning hours in meditation since I have been initiated in Sound and Light Meditation.  When I meditate I immediately feel free of any burdens or negativity.  It is just me and God and that is felt in my heart as Love.  You will benefit from finding a spiritual Master who can initiate you on the spiritual journey and direct you through life.  Each person experiences something different because under the guidance of a Master your life will unfold in whatever way is perfect for you to learn.  There are many things that you will learn and your purpose will be revealed to you through a process that I have found repeats itself in different forms.  I knew in my heart when I was in graduate school at The Catholic University of America that my life wasn't just about me and I willingly have allowed my life to be of service to God for whatever He wishes.

Forgiveness is an aspect of love and it doesn't mean that you become a target for others abuse.  You can forgive others while making sure that you take responsibility for your own life and the impact of their behaviors on you.  You can still draw boundaries and say no.  Be clear and be certain.  A clergyman wrote "You can't blow an uncertain trumpet!"  It's okay to be strong.  Tyrants are usually cowards inside.  Just like some of those candies that have a hard shell and gooey stuff on the inside when you bite down.  Except there is nothing sweet about cowards.  Learn to identify them and learn how to deal with them.  Don't become a victim like so many kids I have been reading and hearing about in schools.  Read books by Carlos Castaneda whose stories involve tyrants and examples of how to deal with them.  The main lesson is to remain impeccable according to Carlos.

So many things to master in life and the first place of course to start is within your own heart.  Learn how to connect with your soul and God.  Be a blessing in this life to those who need you to show them the way and like the title of a book said  "How to swim with sharks!"  Nothing is impossible when you decide to keep making breakthroughs.  You will not get anywhere at times and in that still time learn to control the doubts that the mind uses to discourage you.  Keep pressing in to the situation and eventually when the time is right there will be a breakthrough and you will emerge on the other side of your problem.  Wait on the other side of that opening you created and help others through.

I am a Professional Life Coach and welcome you to contact me at lawrencerita511@gmail.com  I require individuals to meditate on a regular schedule and eat a vegetarian diet.  I also promote antioxidants and you can check Rain Nutrition at http://MyRain.me/Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment

self-development>relationships>spirituality